It’s hard to say where, when and how it all started – the European Week in Paris had been organized ever since 1960. Now the number of such events is constantly growing: the first ISWinT in Timisoara (Romania) took place in 1995; there was a conference called “HEURÉKA” in October 1996 in Pécs, Hungary.
In 1993, the idea for SORCE (Students ORganizing Conventions Everywhere) was born. The aim was to create a base for co-operation, to help each other organize, to learn from each other. SORCE is a loose network – it doesn’t have a leader or a board – SORCE is where the member organizations are.
The festivals and conferences are completely independent of each other and therefore there are some differences among them, but the basic idea is the same: to meet students from all over the world, to discuss about the one world we are all live in, to get to know different opinions about it, and, last but not least, to have fun and cultural experiences.
Previous and current member organizations:
- International Student Week in Ilmenau – ISWI
- International Student Week in Tanzania – ISWiT
- European Week Eindhoven – EWE
- International Student Festival in Trondheim – ISFiT
- International Student Week in Timisoara – ISWinT
- Student Conference in Maribor – SCiM
- International Culture Week in Pécs – ICWiP
- European Student Week in Lodz – ESWiL
- International Student Conference in Sumy – ISCS
- Greifswald International Students Festival – GrIStuF
- International Student Week in Belgrade – ISWiB